Where risk is considered high, mailboxes can be fitted with a fire extinguisher. Originally designed and created to protect racing car drivers from fire, ‘pyroflex’ is an unobtrusive tube which is fixed to the inside of the mailbox.
In the event of fire, the heat generated softens the tube which punctures at the hottest point, (approx 80º) accurately releasing the gas into the seat of the fire which extinguishes the fire at source.
- Self-activating system
- Suitable for domestic and commercial use
- Inexpensive and easily replaced
- Lightweight and unobtrusive
- Mailboxes are supplied with extinguisher fitted
- Tube contains Dupont FE25 clean fire extinguishant gas which is environmentally friendly and complies with the current Montreal Protocol
- The system is unaffected by humidity, dirt or turbulent airflow
- Can also be fitted with an alarm.