WILL THIS LOCK BE SUITABLE FOR MY MAILBOX?
This lock is suitable with most compatible RENZ mailboxes. Please contact us for more information.
DO I NEED A LOCK?
We will always advise you on the best and safest route to take when ordering replacement keys and locks. If you are new to a property that has previously been occupied then we suggest you change your lock as the previous occupiers may still hold keys.
HOW DO I FIT A SLB MAILBOX LOCK?
Replacing the mailbox lock is straight forward and requires a basic level of DIY skill. Please use the following instructions to guide you through the process, or give us a call for any advise.
Important: Please work in a safe manner using relevant PPE guidelines (safety glasses & gloves)
- Fit a 5mm diameter steel drill bit in a power drill to use.
- Place the drill bit into the hole of the lock (be careful not to damage the body of the mailbox), drill straight and apply consistent pressure.
- Drill into the lock to a depth of approximately 16mm. Once you have reached this depth, the internal pins will start to break down and you will feel the lock work a little loose.
- Remove the drill and insert a small screw driver – twist the screw driver until the lock releases and the door opens.
- The lock does not open – drill further into the lock and repeat.
- Once the door of the mailbox is open: Remove the nut on the rear of the lock.
- Remove the ‘CAM’ which holds the door closed – please keep this to use on the new lock.
- Remove the locking ring which tightens and secures the lock to the body of the mailbox.
- Place the new lock into the lock hole.
- Tighten the locking ring.– Reuse the CAM removed from the previous lock.– Tighten the nut on the rear of the lock.
- Using the new keys, check that the lock is now securing the door.