The Safety Letterbox Company Ltd is committed to establishing ourselves as a market leading mailbox manufacturer, while also developing and maintaining a sustainable business that delivers value for all our stakeholders.
We aim to do this by engaging with many stakeholders both internally and externally to the business. We believe in operating a customer value focused continuous improvement strategy aligned with our values for operating in a socially, economically, and environmentally friendly manner.
As well as our passion, focus and ethos, we have identified 5 key areas to help guide our decision making in delivering this value.
- Designing and providing high quality mailboxes to enable the community to feel more secure in the knowledge that their mail is being kept safe and secure.
- Innovation driven by market needs and through collaboration with customers and suppliers.
- Working closely with customers and partners to help deliver their sustainable needs and targets through smart mail delivery, carbon reduction & longer life products.
- Providing a High-Quality Service to provide an outstanding customer experience.
- A clearly defined continuous improvement strategy aimed at adding value for the customer.
- Utilizing a focused procurement strategy, working with UK based & local suppliers wherever possible.
- Promoting long-term relationships with our partners, suppliers, and customers.
- Work with local, regional, and national partners to realise sustainability goals.
- Working within the local community to support local businesses & social enterprises with innovation and people development.
- Continuing our support of social enterprises, schools, and colleges within the local community.
- Continuing our ongoing and future work to support local and national charities.
- Supporting and enabling employees in their charity-based activities both inside and outside the company.
- Investors in People.
- Attracting and retaining the best possible people by investing in their development and success.
- Creation of local jobs with the community.
- Educating our workforce on sustainability and how they can contribute to The Safety Letterbox Company Ltd.’s sustainable strategy.
- Encouraging and supporting everyone to achieve their best through a focus on continuous improvement.
- The enhancement of employee engagement through monitoring and implementing action plans and company initiatives.
- Reduce our Carbon Footprint through the prudent use of energy and introduction of energy efficient technologies where possible and by switching to renewable alternatives where there can be shown to give an actual reduction in Carbon Emissions.
- Management and reduction of our water consumption.
- Reduce waste created and where possible reuse and recycle materials and equipment before responsible disposal.
- Where possible incorporate recycled material into our products and packaging.
- Integrate principles of environmentally sustainability within The Safety Letterbox Company Ltd.’s policies and practices including this relating to the procurement of goods and services.
- Develop The Safety Letterbox Company Ltd.’s business to minimise environmental impacts and enhances the local environment.
Our Commitment to Mental Health
The wellbeing of our employees is so important to the whole business. We strive to ensure mental health is addressed and employees have accessible information and support from the whole business.
Our Managing Director and CEO, Alison Orrells, discusses below the measures we have taken to ensure employee mental wellbeing is being supported.
Helping Future Generations
“Alison is one of the local employers that give their time to supporting our students in developing their employability skills. Without the dedication of employers we wouldn’t be able to offer the students the unique and invaluable experience of speaking to employers and successful business owners like Alison. I know from student feedback how much difference this not only makes to their personal development but confidence in their own future careers” – Emma Evans, Employee Consultant
“We are delighted to attract innovative employers such as The Safety Letterbox Company on board as a partner. Alison Orrells has been a great supporter of our enterprise initiatives in the past – recognising how important it is for us to inspire the younger generations in relation to the job opportunities that exist in design and manufacturing. The relationship with Gnoll Primary School is going to be a real success as both parties are exceptionally committed to raising the aspirations of young people. The Bumbles of Honeywood programme is the perfect vehicle for a collaboration between business and education and we’re excited to see how this partnership will develop.” – Jayne Brewer, CEO 2B Enterprising
Exciting News Coming Soon!
We welcome the chance to discuss your project and we can share all that is current in terms of standards and product options totally free of charge.
Simply complete and submit the form and we will get back in touch to talk through your requirements.
We also provide Autocad drawings as required – it’s all part of the service!